Focused On Your Well-Being
We remain true to our mission to enrich our members lives and deliver exceptional member experiences, especially in times of uncertainty. We continue to be ready to serve you while ensuring everyone’s safety and well-being. Despite some of the temporary operational changes, we will deliver uninterrupted access to support our members’ financial well-being. The safety and well-being of our staff and our members is always our top priority, especially in times like these.
Know that we’re here to help you as best as we can. Below you will find information on the many ways we are helping members through these challenging times.
Member Support Grant
Through good times and times of challenge, AFFCU remains focused and committed on serving our members and helping to ensure your financial well-being. Throughout the COVID-19 epidemic our team looked to find new ways to support our members who are facing financial challenges. To date we have provided 167 emergency hardship loans for nearly $500,000, processed nearly 450 free skip-a-pay requests, and assisted members with 126 loan adjustments. But we’re not done yet.
Our commitment to helping our members continues as we introduce AFFCU’s Covid-19 Member Support Grant where we will be providing $20,000 in support to our members. Members facing financial hardships are eligible to apply for one of 100 grants worth $200 each. The application period is now through May 31, 2020.
Virtual Town Hall - Member Support Q&A
AFFCU hosted a virtual Town Hall event to provide updates on the credit unions COVID-19 response and how we’re supporting our members financial well-being. AFFCU leadership shared what we’ve been doing and answered members questions.
If you were unable to make it, we’ve made a recording of the event available.
Updated Operating Hours
Due to changes in our branch traffic volume, Monday, April 13, 2020, AFFCU will be temporarily modifying the branch drive-thru hours (lobby remains closed) as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Call Center Support Hours
Our Call Center support team will still be available during the following operating hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Financial Hardship Assistance
If you or your family are impacted by COVID-19, and need assistance with meeting the obligations of your current AFFCU loans, lines of credit, or credit cards, we encourage you to contact us. Our team can provide financial guidance and discuss potential solutions that may be available to you.
Branch Lobby Access Changes
As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020 our branch lobby is closed until further notice. This impacts walk-in lobby access only. Our drive-thru will remain open and accessible during normal branch operating hours. Our branch and back-office remain fully staffed, and are available to assist you with your banking needs through other convenient account access methods.
Lobby access can be made available on a case-by-case basis for special needs such as safe deposit box access, notary service, document signing, and more. However, any such access must be coordinated and scheduled in advance. To discuss your support needs and schedule access, please call us at 410-584-7474.
Convenient Account Access Options
We remain open and ready to serve you. We encourage you to use AFFCU’s digital and self-service banking tools whenever possible.
- Online & Mobile Banking. It’s a secure, free, and easy way to check your balances, transfer funds, make payments, and more, from your computer or mobile device 24 hours a day. With our mobile app, you can even electronically deposit checks. If you don’t have Online Banking you may request registration by following the link on the online banking login page or give us a call at 410-584-7474 and we’ll get you set up.
- PAT (Phone Automated Transactions). Use our automated telephone banking system to complete transactions. If you’re not comfortable using Online Banking tools, “PAT” is also an option to check balances, transfer funds, and make loan payments. You can access this system by calling 410-584-7474 and selecting option 1.
- ATMs. You may access an AFFCU ATM or any of the 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP Network ATMs nationwide. You may use the ATM to withdraw cash, transfer funds, make loan payments, and make cash or check deposits where the service is available.
- Call Us. Contact us by phone at 410-584-7474. A representative can handle almost any banking need by phone.
- Visa Purchasing. For any purchase needs, your AFFCU Visa Debit and/or Credit Cards are accepted nearly everywhere, in-store and online.
- Drive-Thru. If you need to visit the branch, the drive-thru remains open during normal business hours.
Safety And Security
The safety and security of our team and members is paramount. We are actively doing our part to slow the spread of this virus.
While we continue to operate normally with some slight modifications (branch lobby access) we are taking extra precautions to keep our staff and members healthy. Most of our team is working remotely while still serving you. We have added hand sanitizing lotions in the branch, regularly reminding team members to wash their hands frequently, cleaning workstations and common areas frequently throughout the day, and more.
Member Security & Protection
While we have not been informed of any direct threats or attempts on our members or the general public, we remind everyone to stay vigilant in their daily activities to secure their personal information. Unfortunately, in every tragedy there are people who try to profit and prey on vulnerable times like these. Stay vigilant to protect yourself.
We remind you to never give your account information, account numbers, social security numbers, or passwords to anyone. WE WILL NOT, nor anyone from other financial institutions or government agencies, ever call or email you asking for confidential personal information or passwords. Do not share them.
Be aware of these Coronavirus related scams as shared by the FCC.
Follow these guidelines provided by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) to exercise caution in handling any COVID-19-related communications.
CARES Act Stimulus Payments
Find helpful information, resources, FAQ’s, and more regarding the CARES Act stimulus payments.
AFFCU Loan Payment Assistance
Get a temporary reprieve from your AFFCU loan payment with a free Skip-A-Pay Request.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Actual maximum loan amount will vary by member based on applicant’s credit score. Must be a member for at least 6-months at time of application. Member must be in good standing and not delinquent on any AFFCU loan for more than 30 days. Loan payments will be deferred and no interest will accrue for the first 90-days from loan open date. Can only have one Emergency Hardship loan open at any time