My Financial Insights
Free Tools To Simplify Your Money Management
Get A Complete Financial Picture.
My Financial Insights is a free personal financial management tool that helps you take control of your finances, while saving you time and money. You’ll know where your money goes, how much you are saving, have a comprehensive view of finances, and be able to set goals and track progress.
Integrate all of your AFFCU and external financial accounts to establish a 360-degree view of your finances.
Manage Cash Flow
Monitor all of your income and expenses, and get a clearer picture of your spending habits.
Set & Track Goals
Set your financial goals and reach them quicker and easier by visually tracking your progress.
Simplifying Your Money Management
Set yourself up for success and save hundreds of dollars every year by tracking spending, setting goals, and establishing realistic budgets. My Financial Insights is a free online tool accessible via AFFCU’s online and mobile banking system. Read more below to learn about these simple and convenient money management tools, or login to your account and get started.
Need Help Getting Started?
Check out this helpful user guide that will walk you through setting up and using each feature.
Add An Account
Syncing other accounts in My Financial Insights for a complete financial picture is simple. Then you can track your account relationships with almost all financial institutions automatically, including credit card providers and investment firms. Once all of your accounts are synced, track spending, set budgets, calculate your net worth and more.
- Select “Add” above your current account listing.
- Select an institution or use the search to find your institution.
- Enter in the required information and select “Connect”.
- You’ll receive a notification on your dashboard once the account has been synced successfully.
Cash Flow Calendar
The cash flow calendar brings your budget to life through an interactive calendar. With the calendar you can see how much money you have available to pay bills and other expenses day by day… allowing you to make informed choices on when to schedule bills and other spending.
- Navigate to the “Cashflow” tab.
- Select “Add Income” or “Add Bill” from above the calendar view.
- Complete the required fields (Name your bill/income, how much and often you get paid or what amount is due).
- Click the “Add Bill” or “Add Income” button on the bottom of the form.
- Your bill or income will now appear in your My Financial Insights calendar.
Visually tracking your financial goals can help you take control and makes reaching your goals much quicker and easier. Create savings goals in My Financial Insights, like saving for a vacation, or a debt reduction goal, like paying off a high-rate credit card.
- Select “Add A Goal” on the goal dashboard.
- Select your desired pay off or savings goal.
- Fill in the required information.
- Click the “Create” button to complete the process of adding a new goal.
- Keep in mind, your Goal Summary at the bottom of the page will update your completion date and the amount needed per month according to your preferences in the form. Goals will automatically update your progress and will reflect your day-to-day account balances in My Financial Insights.
The power of My Financial Insights is in helping you monitor how you are spending your money. Learn how to set up Spending Targets with My Financial Insights’ budget feature. In the Budget tab you can monitor your spending targets each month and view monthly spending trends.
Budgets within My Financial Insights are tracked using the tags from the Dashboard transaction feed.
- Click on ‘Budget’ at the top of the page.
- Click on the Spending Target you’d like to edit from the list.
- At the top of the page, click the ‘EDIT or ‘DELETE’ button.
- You can change the name, amount, tags, and accounts associated with this Spending Target from here.
- Budgets in My Financial Insights will always run from the first to the last day of each month. Spending Targets are automatically color-coded based on your spending progress.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Online & Mobile Banking
Our digital banking systems make managing your account simple, secure, and convenient. Most importantly, they are built to serve you on your schedule. See how our digital banking systems are able to support you and download our mobile banking app.
Balancing Your Checking Account
Our My Financial Insights tool helps you manage your spending habits and savings goals. But successful financial management starts with keeping your account in balance. Learn more about setting a strong foundation by balancing your checking account using online banking.