Be A Member Representative
Credit unions are unique, not-for-profit, cooperative financial institutions owned by their members. These same members are eligible to fill volunteer positions that play important roles in guiding Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union’s success. We are always looking for dedicated volunteers from within our membership to help serve in a variety of volunteer capacities. Such active, enthusiastic volunteers are needed to maintain a healthy, progressive credit union.
A DESIRE TO SERVE
PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE
INTEGRITY AND COMMITTMENT
As a volunteer you’ll be a representative voice for your fellow members, and have a direct impact in the overall direction of the credit union. It is a great way to become part of a unique organization that affects the financial lives of thousands of members.
To be a credit union volunteer requires a desire to serve, a commitment of time, a willingness to learn, integrity, and the discipline to carry out the specific duties. Some basic expectations of a credit union volunteer are:
- A belief in and desire to nurture the credit union philosophy of “people helping people”
- A willingness to attend and participate in meetings
- An understanding of and/or willingness to learn about the credit union operations and movement
- The desire to be a team player to lead the credit unions success
- To at all times, act in the best interest of the members and the credit union
Who Is Eligible To Serve?
To be eligible for a volunteer position, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be a member in good standing of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union.
- Must not be a family member or significant other of any Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union employee or volunteer
- Must pass background checks and qualify for bonding.
- Must agree to a credit check
- Must have no felony convictions or pending felony charges.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement if selected.