Become a Member
Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union (AFFCU) serves the full-time, part-time, retired employees, and volunteers (where applicable) of approved companies or organizations within our charter.
Becoming a member of AFFCU is easy! To join you must first open a Primary Share Savings Account with at least $5, which solidifies your lifetime membership with AFFCU*. Once you've opened your Primary Share Savings account, you are officially a member with access to all of the other member benefits available. All applications are subject to our verification of eligibility.
You are eligible to join Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union (AFFCU) if you are:
- Employed by, a retired employee of, and/or volunteer (where applicable) of an approved Select Employee Group (SEG) affiliated with AFFCU.
- A family member -- defined as spouses, children, sisters, brothers, grandparents, step-relatives, and adoptive children -- of people employed or volunteering at an approved Select Employee Group (SEG) affiliated with AFFCU. Partners living within the same household sharing in the economic responsibilities of that household are also eligible to join.
- Qualify as a volunteer/donor of our affiliated SEG associations, by making a qualifying donation to either: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Maryland, Komen Maryland, or United Way of Central Maryland. Qualifying donation must be made through AFFCU and provided prior to or at account opening. An online donation can be made to AFFCU's Light The Night team page benefiting the Luekemia & Lymphoma Society
Once you become a member, you're a member for life, regardless of job or life changes.*
We've made it easy to join AFFCU. Join anytime at your convenience through our secure online account opening.
Apply In Person or By Mail
If preferred you may apply in-person at our Hunt Valley Branch or you may apply by mail by completing the following:
- Print and complete the AFFCU membership application.
- Be sure to sign the application (joint applicants must sign as well)
- Send a check, money order or cash for at least $5.00 (made payable to Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union)
- Send a legible copy of your valid picture ID (driver's license or state ID). May also take a clear picture with a smartphone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send verification of employment to show eligibility (copy of work badge, business card, paystub, etc.)
- Mail all of the above to:
- Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union
- ATTN: Member Services
- 40 Schilling Road
- Hunt Valley, MD 21031-1105
*As long as membership requirements are met ($5 balance is maintained in the primary share account, and loan payments are current).