AFFCU has a strong member-focused and service-oriented organizational culture, and values the contributions of its employees. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our benefits include paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, and personal), health care plans with an HSA or HRA option (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) retirement program, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and tax saving flexible spending accounts. Our locations are easily accessible and conveniently located near I-83. Become an employee and a member, and participate in the success of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Business Development Coordinator
Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union is looking for an energetic and passionate individual to serve as a Business Development Coordinator. This position is the chief ambassador of the credit union, working to cultivate new and existing employer and member relationships. The Business Development Coordinator's primary responsibility will be focused on growing the Credit Union's membership base by attracting new account relationships and expanding existing account relationships to build a deeper member share of wallet. This high contact position requires the ability to communicate effectively with current and prospective members as well as the positive promotion and representation of our Credit Union brand. This position has a high level of activity that is outside of the office environment and may be outside of the standard work day (evenings and weekends as needed). Candidate must have flexible scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and drive business development activities to achieve goals and targets for credit union growth objectives
- Be an AFFCU ambassador, serving as the primary liaison and contact for members and prospective members of the credit union's Select Employee Groups (SEGs) and the communities the credit union serves
- Cultivate and maintain relationships for all facets of AFFCU's SEG and member relationships. Develop and manage a database of SEG contacts
- Be a visible presence in the local community to build awareness with SEGs, members, and prospective members. Promote the credit union through participation in business, community, and charitable organizations and/or activities
- Coordinate enrollments and conduct presentations at SEGs to introduce the credit union to employees, answer questions, provide resources, and ensure promotion of the full-breadth of products and services
- Cultivate and maintain all facets of AFFCU's member relationships, including setting up and onboarding new members to ensure fast enrollment in credit union services and engagement with account(s)
- Assists in planning and execution of credit union events
- Maintain tracking of expenses based on approved annual budget
- Train, mentor, and coach employees on how to deal professionally and effectively with members, SEGs, and other contacts in promoting the credit union
- Assist the Marketing Department as necessary and performs other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor.
- Responsible for compliance with rules and regulations including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in marketing, mass communications, business administration or advertising, or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years marketing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and social media and website software applications is required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in delivering presentations is required.
- Experience in the banking industry, especially credit union or community banking, is preferred.
- Experience with the Symitar platform for core processing is beneficial.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates can email a copy of their resume to HR@affcu.org.
Member Service Representative
The Member Service Representative (MSR) educates members on the benefits of all financial products and services offered by the credit union. This position is responsible for a broad range of member services such as opening and closing accounts and assisting members with questions or problems as it relates to their membership or accounts. All AFFCU employees are expected to be ambassadors of the Credit Union living out our mission to enrich our members' lives through consistent, exceptional service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary contact for all potential and existing members by educating, assisting and promoting AFFCU's products and services.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs as determined from member interactions.
- Opens all Share products including IRAs in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Opens and process all loan requests in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Assist members and shared branch members with financial transactions in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Work on special projects and performs other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge of all AFFCU's products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of all AFFCU's policies and procedures.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel required.
- Possess a working knowledge of computers and ability to navigate through multiple software applications especially our core system.
- Excellent communication skills in a professional, engaging, courteous and confidential manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform intermediate mathematical calculations with accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment, logic, and initiative with integrity.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including Reg. D, Reg. E, and the Bank Secrecy Act is preferred.
- Must have access to reliable transportation with the flexibility of going to various locations as needed (if applicable).
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events and occasionally attend meetings or events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year financial services or customer service experience.
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience providing direct member/customer service is preferred or 3 years of customer service support.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Reach, stoop, walk, talk and hear.
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Low to moderate noise level
- This position involves typical office work such as the use of the PC, reviewing office papers, the use of a telephone, fax and photocopy machine.
Interested candidates can email a copy of their resume to email@example.com.