AFFCU has a strong member-focused and service-oriented organizational culture, and values the contributions of its employees. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our benefits include paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, and personal), health care plans with an HSA or HRA option (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) retirement program, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and tax saving flexible spending accounts. Our locations are easily accessible and conveniently located near I-83. Become an employee and a member, and participate in the success of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Business Development Coordinator
Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union is looking for an energetic and passionate individual to serve as a Business Development Coordinator. This position is the chief ambassador of the credit union, working to cultivate new and existing employer and member relationships. The Business Development Coordinator's primary responsibility will be focused on growing the Credit Union's membership base by attracting new account relationships and expanding existing account relationships to build a deeper member share of wallet. This high contact position requires the ability to communicate effectively with current and prospective members as well as the positive promotion and representation of our Credit Union brand. This position has a high level of activity that is outside of the office environment and may be outside of the standard work day (evenings and weekends as needed). Candidate must have flexible scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and drive business development activities to achieve goals and targets for credit union growth objectives
- Be an AFFCU ambassador, serving as the primary liaison and contact for members and prospective members of the credit union's Select Employee Groups (SEGs) and the communities the credit union serves
- Cultivate and maintain relationships for all facets of AFFCU's SEG and member relationships. Develop and manage a database of SEG contacts
- Be a visible presence in the local community to build awareness with SEGs, members, and prospective members. Promote the credit union through participation in business, community, and charitable organizations and/or activities
- Coordinate enrollments and conduct presentations at SEGs to introduce the credit union to employees, answer questions, provide resources, and ensure promotion of the full-breadth of products and services
- Cultivate and maintain all facets of AFFCU's member relationships, including setting up and onboarding new members to ensure fast enrollment in credit union services and engagement with account(s)
- Assists in planning and execution of credit union events
- Maintain tracking of expenses based on approved annual budget
- Train, mentor, and coach employees on how to deal professionally and effectively with members, SEGs, and other contacts in promoting the credit union
- Assist the Marketing Department as necessary and performs other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor.
- Responsible for compliance with rules and regulations including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in marketing, mass communications, business administration or advertising, or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years marketing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and social media and website software applications is required. Demonstrated effectiveness in delivering presentations is required.
- Experience in the banking industry, especially credit union or community banking, is preferred.
- Experience with the Symitar platform for core processing is beneficial.
- Sit for long periods of time and sometimes stand
- Potentially walking long distances on-site at SEGs and events
- Reach and stoop
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Moderate noise level
- Office environment
- Will interact with varying style of work environments when participating in enrollments and off-site events. SEG environments vary.
- This position has a high level of activity that is outside of the office environment and may be outside of the standard work day (evenings and weekends as needed). Candidate must have flexible scheduling.
Interested candidates can email a copy of their resume to email@example.com.