AFFCU has a strong member-focused and service-oriented organizational culture, and values the contributions of its employees. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our benefits include paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, and personal), health care plans with an HSA or HRA option (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) retirement program, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and tax saving flexible spending accounts. Our locations are easily accessible and conveniently located near I-83. Become an employee and a member, and participate in the success of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for loan approvals, responding to member inquiries, and oversees the activities of all lending department staff. Act as an advisor to members needing financial counseling assistance by offering alternatives and solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees Lending Department functions and supervises Department staff; conducts appraisals.
- Interviews, underwrites, approves, and closes loans in accordance with policy and procedures
- Maintains loan accounts including delinquency control, compliance, and reporting to regulatory agencies as required; calls on delinquent members as needed
- Primary contact and process all home equity loan applications
- Communicate with vendors to improve current processes and resolve issues
- Oversees and evaluates products and procedures currently in place and implements changes as needed
- Respond to inquiries from members and employees on issues with existing loans
- Collaborate with other departments on projects, member inquires, and product promotion
- Research and resolve problems with loans involving interest calculations and payment methods, and then process corrections, adjustments, updates, and refunds as appropriate.
- Implement and track approved modifications to existing loans including reduced payments, and Troubled Debt Relief (TDR's).
- Serve as primary back up for Loan Service Representative.
- Cross-sell credit union products and services based on member needs.
- Complete annual training and adhere to all regulatory and procedures for BSA/ALM, Patriot Act, CIP, and OFAC to comply with all regulatory monitoring, record keeping, and reporting requirements.
- Report lending activity to VP of Lending monthly or on an as needed basis.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Lending.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to present a professional and personable personality that communicates to members and visitors that the Credit Union is a professional financial institution.
- Ability to interact with more than one department daily.
- Ability to exercise judgment, logic, and initiative with integrity
- Creative problem solving skills to effectively identify and resolve loan issues with member accounts.
- Ability to learn and use vendor software, external websites, and company's core processing system.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
Knowledge and Skills:
- College degree or two to five years of similar experience
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Must have a proven track record of selling and servicing loans.
- Must be bondable and maintain bond eligibility throughout employment with the credit union
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Hunt Valley, MD
To apply for this position, please email resume to email@example.com
Member Services Representative
AFFCU is seeking a full time Member Service Representative to educate members on the benefits of all financial products and services offered by AFFCU. This position is responsible for a broad range of member Services from opening/closing accounts, processing loans, assisting members with financial transactions and engaging members with conversation to uncover their financial needs. By doing this you will be living out our mission to "enrich our members' lives" through consistent, exceptional service.
- Serves as the primary contact for all potential and existing members by educating, assisting and promoting AFFCU's products and services.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs as determined from member interactions.
- Opens all Share products including IRAs in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Opens and process all loan requests in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Assist members and shared branch members with financial transactions in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Work on special projects and performs other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge of all AFFCU's products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of all AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year financial services or customer service experience.
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience providing direct member/customer service is preferred or 3 years of customer service support.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel required.
- Possess a working knowledge of computers and ability to navigate through multiple software applications especially our core system.
- Excellent communication skills in a professional, engaging, courteous and confidential manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform intermediate mathematical calculations with accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment, logic, and initiative with integrity.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including Reg. D, Reg. E, and the Bank Secrecy Act is preferred.
- Must have access to reliable transportation with the flexibility of going to various locations as needed (if applicable).
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events and occasionally attend meetings or events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hunt Valley, MD
To apply for this position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org