AFFCU has a strong member-focused and service-oriented organizational culture, and values the contributions of its employees. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our benefits include paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, and personal), health care plans with an HSA or HRA option (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) retirement program, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and tax saving flexible spending accounts. Our locations are easily accessible and conveniently located near I-83. Become an employee and a member, and participate in the success of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Member Services Representative
AFFCU is seeking an energetic full time Member Service Representative to work as part of a team to assist our member/owners with inquiries, accounts, loans and problem resolutions. Engaging member in conversation to uncover their financial need by cross servicing the right product to meet the member's needs. This position requires the ability to work some Saturdays.
- Welcomes members with a pleasant, friendly manner; representing the credit union in a courteous and professional manner
- Engaging members in conversation to uncover their financial needs
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of lobby area
- Assists members with opening new accounts, closing accounts, and loan originating/closing
- Assists in meeting credit union goals and objectives through product knowledge and customer service
- Cross-sells products and services to members
- Acts as member liaison and advocate for inquiries and concerns; researching and resolving account issues as appropriate
- Provides direction for Tellers concerning member account issues such as transactions, holds, fees, etc.
- Approves or denies member transactions and overrides as appropriate
- Maintains signature cards and re-pins debit/ATM cards as needed
- Assists with Teller duties and other credit union positions as necessary
- Independently applies and carries out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility
- Attend credit union training as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED and at least three years financial services experience required
- Three years of customer service support is preferred
- Intermediate computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel required
- Experience with the Symitar operating system is preferred
- Ability to learn and use vendor software, external websites, and company's core processing system.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform intermediate mathematical calculations with accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise judgment, logic, and initiative with integrity
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Communicate and interact with members and co-workers in a professional, engaging, courteous and confidential manner
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skill
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including Reg. D, Reg. E, and the Bank Secrecy Act is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hunt Valley, MD
To apply for this position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org