AFFCU has a strong member-focused and service-oriented organizational culture, and values the contributions of its employees. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our benefits include paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, and personal), health care plans with an HSA or HRA option (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) retirement program, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and tax saving flexible spending accounts. Our locations are easily accessible and conveniently located near I-83. Become an employee and a member, and participate in the success of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Member Services Representative
AFFCU is seeking a full time Member Service Representative to educate members on the benefits of all financial products and services offered by AFFCU. This position is responsible for a broad range of member Services from opening/closing accounts, processing loans, assisting members with financial transactions and engaging members with conversation to uncover their financial needs. By doing this you will be living out our mission to "enrich our members' lives" through consistent, exceptional service.
- Serves as the primary contact for all potential and existing members by educating, assisting and promoting AFFCU's products and services.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs as determined from member interactions.
- Opens all Share products including IRAs in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Opens and process all loan requests in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Assist members and shared branch members with financial transactions in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Work on special projects and performs other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge of all AFFCU's products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of all AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year financial services or customer service experience.
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience providing direct member/customer service is preferred or 3 years of customer service support.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel required.
- Possess a working knowledge of computers and ability to navigate through multiple software applications especially our core system.
- Excellent communication skills in a professional, engaging, courteous and confidential manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform intermediate mathematical calculations with accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment, logic, and initiative with integrity.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including Reg. D, Reg. E, and the Bank Secrecy Act is preferred.
- Must have access to reliable transportation with the flexibility of going to various locations as needed (if applicable).
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events and occasionally attend meetings or events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hunt Valley, MD
To apply for this position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org