AFFCU has a strong member-focused and service-oriented organizational culture, and values the contributions of its employees. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our benefits include paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, and personal), health care plans with an HSA or HRA option (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) retirement program, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and tax saving flexible spending accounts. Our locations are easily accessible and conveniently located near I-83. Become an employee and a member, and participate in the success of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Member Service Representative
The Member Service Representative (MSR) educates members on the benefits of all financial products and services offered by the credit union. This position is responsible for a broad range of member services such as opening and closing accounts and assisting members with questions or problems as it relates to their membership or accounts. All AFFCU employees are expected to be ambassadors of the Credit Union living out our mission to enrich our members' lives through consistent, exceptional service.
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Branch Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary contact for all potential and existing members by educating, assisting and promoting AFFCU's products and services.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs as determined from member interactions.
- Opens all Share products including IRAs in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Opens and process all loan requests in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Assist members and shared branch members with financial transactions in accordance to AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Work on special projects and performs other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge of all AFFCU's products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of all AFFCU's policies and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel required.
- Possess a working knowledge of computers and ability to navigate through multiple software applications especially our core system.
- Excellent communication skills in a professional, engaging, courteous and confidential manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform intermediate mathematical calculations with accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment, logic, and initiative with integrity.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including Reg. D, Reg. E, and the Bank Secrecy Act is preferred.
- Must have access to reliable transportation with the flexibility of going to various locations as needed (if applicable).
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events and occasionally attend meetings or events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year financial services or customer service experience.
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience providing direct member/customer service is preferred or 3 years of customer service support.
- Sit for long periods of time and sometimes stand
- Reach and stoop
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Moderate noise level
- Office environment
To Apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org