New Card? No Problem.
Enjoy automatic updates of payment information whenever AFFCU issues you a new or reissued card.
The Visa® Account Updater provides members a seamless transition when your AFFCU Visa Debit and/or Credit Card expires or is replaced. This service will automatically update the card number and/or expiration date on file with a merchant if you have recurring payments set up using your AFFCU Visa Debit or Credit Card. When your card expires or is re-issued, you won't have to update your payment information with participating merchants.
AFFCU members will experience:
- Uninterrupted payments and service from merchants who are participating
- No unnecessary communication for changes with your card
- Avoid declined payments and service interruptions
- Less chance of authorization declines
- Skip the time and hassle of re-entering or resubmitting your payment info
How Visa Account Updater works:
- AFFCU provides Visa with changes to members account numbers and expiration dates.
- Merchants submit inquiries to issuers regarding accounts with which they have ongoing relationships. (Only merchants that you have automatic payments set up with)
- VAU processes inquiries against its database and provides responses to merchants to allowing them to update their customer databases with refreshed account data before transactions are authorized, avoiding potential declines, streamlining the authorization process, reducing costs and saving valuable time. Visa only provides authorized merchants with specific data elements that include account number or expiration date updates, closed account advices, and contact cardholder advices. All VAU data is transmitted through a secure, direct connection between the endpoint and Visa.
As of March 1, 2018, all AFFCU Visa debit and credit cards will be automatically enrolled in Visa Account Updater. It's automatic - there's nothing you need to do to initiate this service.
If you wish to opt-out of Visa Account Updater, you may do one of the following: