We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of your online transactions. Our financial products incorporate designed-in security features for safeguarding your accounts and the information you transmit to us during a session. We will never request account information via email.
For more information about online security, please visit Digital Defense.
Enhanced Login Security
As of 1/31/07, AFFCU's E-Branch will offer greater security. These new security procedures are part of a federal regulation to make it more difficult for criminals to "spoof" the E-Branch login.
The first time you login with the new security system, you'll be prompted to answer a few questions. You will have to answer these questions whether or not you decide to enroll in the Enhanced Login Security. Just a few steps and you'll be ready to go.
- First you enter your member number and PIN the same as you have been doing.
- Then, you will select 2 challenge questions and answers that are easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
- Once you login to E-Branch, click on User Options and click the link for Enhanced Login Security, and click the submit button to complete the registration for that computer.
This extra security feature prevents your member number and PIN from being used to access your accounts if they are stolen.
Logging into Your Online Account after you enroll
If you are logging in on the computer you registered your account on, nothing will be different. If you log in from a computer you have not registered your account on, you will be prompted to answer one of the security questions you selected during the enrollment.
What is the purpose of Challenge Questions?
Challenge questions will only be displayed if you log into E-Branch from a different computer than the one you used during enrollment. If we do not recognize the computer, we will double check to make sure it is you trying to access your account. Once you have successfully answered the question, you will have access to E-Branch. You may want to share your challenge questions and answers with people you have authorized to log into your online account (i.e. spouse, parent, joint owner/member, etc). You will have the opportunity to "register" the computers you regularly use to access your online account.
Data Encryption - For your protection, we use 128-bit Secured Socket Layer (SSL) strong encryption during your online sessions. Encryption is a sophisticated way of scrambling all information transmitted online before it leaves your computer, so that all information, including passwords and online bill payments are completely unreadable by unauthorized third parties. No transactional information will be transmitted without first being encrypted.
We require that your web browser support 128-bit encryption because it is more effective than 40-bit encryption. While 40-bit encryption might be fine for low risk transactions, it is not adequate for protecting financial transactions.
When you supply data via the Internet, it is encrypted before it travels. We decode and process the data at our end. When we provide data to you, it is encrypted at our end, and sent to you. When you receive it, your browser decodes the information and displays it to you.
You can ensure that your online information is encrypted in Netscape if the small key or lock at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen is unbroken. For Microsoft browsers, a lock appears on the bottom right of your screen during an encrypted session.
Each of the foregoing security features is designed to protect confidentiality of your online transactions and account information. You are also responsible for adhering to the following secure practices.
- NEVER reveal your login ID or password to anyone.
- NEVER leave your computer unattended during a session.
- When you are finished with a session, be sure to LOG OUT (click exit) before visiting other web sites
- If you cannot close the browser after your financial session, be sure to delete the temporary files stored by the browser on your local hard drive. Consult your browser Help on how to do this.
- Report known instances of unauthorized account access to AFFCU within the required timeframe.
- NEVER use email to transmit any personal, business, financial or account information. Messages sent in this manner are not encrypted.
- Use the encryption features of your browser. You may be required to upgrade your browser to 128-bit encryption.
- If you have any questions regarding the security of your online transactions, please call us at 1-800-505-7476
Web Site Privacy Details
Links and other connections to other Internet web sites or mention of other companies is solely for informational purposes to our members. These links and connections should not be construed as an endorsement or relationship other than what is plainly stated where such connection is made. These sites are managed by organizations that may or may not have a business relationship with the credit union. Refer to the privacy statement at each site for additional information about how that particular organization ensures privacy to their users.