Become an AFFCU Volunteer!
Credit unions are unique, not-for-profit, cooperative financial institutions owned by their members. These same members are eligible to fill volunteer positions that play important roles in guiding Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union's success. We are always looking for dedicated volunteers from within our membership to help serve in a variety of volunteer capacities. Such active, enthusiastic volunteers are needed to maintain a healthy, progressive credit union.
As a volunteer you'll be a representative voice for your fellow members, and have a direct impact in the overall direction of the credit union. It is a great way to become part of a unique organization that affects the financial lives of thousands of members.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful organization and to contribute toward Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union's continued growth and success into the future.
To be a credit union volunteer requires a desire to serve, a commitment of time, a willingness to learn, integrity, and the discipline to carry out the specific duties. Some basic expectations of a credit union volunteer are:
- a belief in and desire to nurture the credit union philosophy of "people helping people"
- a willingness to attend and participate in meetings
- an understanding of and/or willingness to learn about the credit union operations and movement
- the desire to be a team player to lead the credit unions success
- to at all times, act in the best interest of the members and the credit union
Volunteers serve without monetary compensation.
Become a Volunteer. Submit Your Interest
Submit your interest in becoming an AFFCU volunteer by emailing your contact information and resume to [email protected]
Board of Directors Overview
Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union's Board of Directors consists of between 5 and 15 members, currently made up of nine volunteers, who ensure the long-term security and viability of the credit union by overseeing its strategies and operations. The Board of Directors role is to be accountable for the actions of the credit union, and make decisions in the best interest of the credit union and the entire membership. You will help develop a roadmap that safeguards the financial lives of thousands of members.
The Boards main responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the credit union operates in a safe, secure and efficient management manner
- Establishing and monitoring the credit union's overall objectives and strategic plan
- Establishing policies and overseeing that all credit union policies are followed
- Safeguarding the member's financial assets and ensuring we meet our member's financial needs
The Board meets once per month to review the progress of the credit union toward its strategic objectives.
Supervisory Committee Overview
The Supervisory Committee is responsible for the overall safety and soundness of credit union operations. Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union's Supervisory Committee ensures that the Board of Directors and the management of the credit union meet required financial reporting objectives. The Supervisory Committee ensures the financial well-being of the credit union by reviewing the effectiveness of internal checks and balances, prompt preparation of accounting records and reports, and adherence to established policies and procedures governing Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union are followed.
Associate Board Director (Volunteer)
Like full Board Directors, Associate Board Directors are volunteers and have the same duties and responsibilities with the exception of voting rights. Associate Board Directors are part of the credit union's Board succession plan which allows individuals to gain in-depth knowledge of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union and the business of financial services to prepare for a position as a voting Board Director.
Associate Board Directors have the opportunity to participate in meetings and board activities to learn how the Board functions in its role of providing guidance and counsel to the credit union management.
Who Is Eligible To Serve?
To be eligible for a volunteer position, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be a member in good standing of Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union.
- Must not be a family member or significant other of any Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union employee or volunteer
- Must pass background checks and qualify for bonding.
- Must agree to a credit check
- Must have no felony convictions or pending felony charges.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement if selected.
Get involved! Become a Credit Union Volunteer.
Anyone interested in applying for a Volunteer position with Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union is asked to submit their name and resume to the Nominating Committee:
Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union
ATTN: Nominating Committee
40 Schilling Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031